Keith Henry is a confident and experienced academic emergency medicine physician. However, different than many academic docs, he started his post-residency career in community EM and returned to academics. He leads the Univ of Minnesota medical student emergency medicine rotation. We had a great tour of his thoughts on the role and techniques of being a emergency medicine doc in this interview. Enjoy!
- Keith’s Pre-game – early is on time and on time is late
- During -shift workflow priorities – you can run the shift or let the shift run you
- Defining your role as an emergency physician
- Detailed discussion about pre-test probability use in emergency medicine
- The importance of getting back on track during a shift
- Documentation strategy – method, complexity
- How did Keith develop his skill set?
- Closing – the people keep us coming back.